The Cumberland Hotel now occupies the site of the famous J Lyons & Co restaurant and food chain which was founded in 1884. In 1933 a Lyon's Corner House opened in The Cumberland Hotel and offered a range of pioneering teas, served with biscuits and cakes to some of London's finest.
The Cumberland continues this tradition today and is proud to serve pioneering teas such as Green Rose, Pai Mu Tan, Silver Needle alongside traditional English Breakfast and Darjeeling. Enjoy classic sandwiches, freshly baked scones and delicious cakes served.
Type of Food:
- Traditional sandwich selection (coronation chicken, free range egg mayonnaise & watercress, cucumber and soft cheese, smoked salmon & cream cheese)
- Freshly baked scones served with Bonne Maman strawberry jam & cornish clotted cream
- Selection of pastries and cakes
A choice of T2 Loose Leaf Teas:
- Black Teas - English Breakfast, Darjeeling, French Earl Grey, Chai
- Green Teas - Green Rose, China Jasmine, Gorgeous Geisha
- White Teas - Pai Tu Tan, Silver Needle
- Herbal/Fruit Teas - LemonGrass, Fruitalicious, Just Chamomile
Add a glass of glass of Taittinger Brut Reserve Champagne to enjoy a champagne afternoon tea for £33.00 per person.
Afternoon Tea is served between 12 noon and 5.00pm every day.
ENQUIRIES / RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CALL:
+44 20 7616 5930